Tuesday, January 28, 2014

~Disney Vacay Entry #1~


Hey everyone! This is the first baby blog post in my Disneyworld vacation series! They are all pretty detailed, just because I wanted those of you who have not been to Disney to be able to enjoy this series as much as those who have. Some are just quickly written on the plane, some are more thorough at the end of a long day of Disney parks. Anyway, enough jabbering, hope you like them and let me know what you think! I’d also love to hear about your Disney parks or cruise experiences!

 

                First, to start off this little adventure-journal thing, I am 19 years old and have never gone anywhere besides Maine, Boston and NYC. That means I have also never been on a plane before this trip. I was absolutely terrified, but I always said that the only time I would fly would be if Disneyworld (or the less-likely Disneyland) were on the other end. I felt like I had to stick to my word, since I’d been begging both of my parents to take me for as long as I can remember. With Christmas and everything, I honestly didn’t have time to think about it….until the early hours of this morning, when I couldn’t sleep from all the anxiety. Ahh! Meanwhile, my little sister gets motion-sickness on long rides, so she got to take Dramamine an hour before we left (making me extremely jealous of how calm she was when we all thought she would be the nervous one).

                We got picked up at 5:30 AM by a GORGEOUS Lincoln town car (like the one that Mr. Big rides around in on “Sex and the City,” which was all I could think of). I told my sister to enjoy it because it would probably be the first and last time she’d ever get to ride in one. Anyway, once we got to the airport, I couldn’t even eat…trust me, it’s a huge deal for me. The whole security and boarding process went a lot faster than I expected (being terrified probably added to that just a tad). Boarding the plane, I was clutching onto my sister’s sweatshirt. The inside of the plane was a lot smaller than the ones they show in TV shows and movies. The longest period of down time was waiting for the plane to take off, which is conveniently when I was the most nervous. I’ve always been told that take off was the worst part, and I’m going to be brutally honest here…It wasn’t bad at all! If anything, it was fun! If any of you are really scared of flying and it has held you back from ever taking a plane, I’m here to tell you that it’s a lot less stressful than you think it’s going to be. Once you’re in the air, it’s impossible to visualize how high up you are.

                My first flight ever, however, did have a few minor glitches. There wasn’t too much turbulence or anything like that, but we had to make an emergency landing at JFK in New York because of the air pressure in the cabin. Switching planes and taking off again took about 2 hours (and I’m just glad I didn’t absolutely hate taking off and had to do it twice!) Even with all of this, I would fly again in a heartbeat. There is a bit of turbulence now, which is kinda scary, but I still haven’t really felt “unsafe” during any of this stuff. We’re landing in Orlando in about 30 minutes, but this has been my first notable experience of my Disney vacation-and we’re not even in Florida yet! I’m hoping to write at least once per day in installment-type sections, so let me know about your vacation escapades, I’d love to hear about them!
Peace and love,
Emmy

No comments:

Post a Comment